It’s that time of the year,
Can you believe it’s already Christmas? Another year has practically come and gone.
This. Year. Has. Flown.
My Favorite Things Huge Giveaway!!
I’m excited to share with you My Favorite Things along with 12 other fabulous bloggers.
And you don’t want to miss the giveaways at the end.
If you are popping over from the very crafty Rachel at Lines Across,
Welcome and thanks for joining me!!
Let’s not waste another second…here come some of my favorite things!!!
I like to be organized. When I get unorganized my life feels too chaotic. I like to have a place for everything. It’s not always easy but I make great effort!
Here are some of my favorite ways to organize:
- A clear jar will corral the stuff and still look pretty! It’s an easy way to store small items. I like being able to see my things so the jars are perfect.
2. A trunk organizer. A must have. I drive a mini van (do not judge me) and there is nothing worse than things rolling around in the back of the van. Perfect for grocery runs too.
3. I do love a good daily planner. I try to do all of my scheduling in the cloud but it just does not work for me. This planner has all the right info – a daily calendar, upcoming events hints, a place for dinner menus, and more – plus it’s colorful!
4. This Kate Spade Tackle Box is perfect for me to keep in my tote bag so that I always have a paperclip or tape when I’m out on an appointment. It’s easy to carry and refillable.
5. I’m going to show my weirdness here…I cannot stand the boxes shoes come in….ugh. I keep my shoes in clear shoe boxes. An inexpensive way bring organization to your closet! The Men size is great for winter shoes.
6. Bobino Cord Wraps comes in three sizes and are great for charging cords and earbuds and all types of smaller cords that take over your counters and drawers!
7. This file folder carrier is perfect to gather paperwork. Whether I use it for one subject or multiple, it keeps me straight.
CASUAL & COMFORTABLE CLOTHES
I have to be comfortable. Not wear your pajamas to Wal-Mart comfortable (you may only get that if you live in the South) but seriously comfortable. With my job, even though I run a tight schedule, I never know if I might end up painting a piece of furniture or on a job site that is dusty with sheetrock or meeting a CEO. I need to look nice, but comfort rules. Here’s a few items that help me look like I have it together.
- I am extremely cold-natured. This North Face jacket would get me through Fall. Lol! Not even kidding!!
2. I love, love love the Chubby stick from Clinique. It’s a perfect blend of chapstick and lipstick. Great colors too.
3. A bag with good organization on the inside is a must. A pocket for my phone, my chubby stick and room for my wallet is about all I need. This Matt & Nat handbag is perfect. And I love that they use natural materials rather than leather.
4. Booties are great in the colder weather, they are perfect with leggings or jeans and look totally stylish!
5. Layer, layer layer…that’s how I dress. A flowy t-shirt is perfect under a cardigan with jeans.
6. Leggings. No explanation needed here, they are about the most comfortable article of clothing on the planet!
8. Great jeans are just a necessity in life. You know, the ones that make your butt look good? Whether paired with flats or heels, jeans can go from day to night in a flash.
If you follow the blog this comes as no surprise. Acrylic brings a touch of modern to any space and it’s one of my go-to pieces for my design clients.
1. Are you kidding me with this? Acrylic and geodes? These bookends are heaven in little squares right there people.
2. Lucite desk accessories? Yes please.
3. Not always clear, the colored acrylic storage boxes are perfect for storing small items.
4. The Casper chair from LexMod.com can be used just about anywhere. Use at your desk, dressing table or dining table and make a clear statement that you are stylish!
5. What’s better than a toddy with friends on the weekend? And what could be better than this acrylic ice bucket? Only the gold polka dots she added.
Beautiful lighting can make or break a room. It’s one of my favorite things to select for clients, but honestly, it’s also one of the hardest. With endless possibilities, I could look at lighting for hours on end. I’ve included some lovelies and favorites.
- This lamp is fabulous. I love the shape, love the color and I love that square shade. This transitional style could work in just about any setting.
2. How about a little color? This beaded turquoise chandy is absolutely divine.
3. Do you love the metals? I love them all but this little copper pendant stole my heart.
4. We don’t all have room for huge crystal chandeliers but when we do, we are going full-on bling mode.
5. This incredibly well priced wood chandelier is like a chameleon. It pairs well with many design styles.
BECAUSE I AM ALWAYS COLD
I have mentioned this several times, but it’s an issue!! Here are some of the ways I stay warm. Please know this applies to summer weather too. Sad, I know.
- Aren’t these pajamas cute? Love the tye dye! But, more importantly, there are cuffs around the ankles. You can begin laughing now… I have to have legging type p.j.s because if the leg rides up…well you know….I get cold.
2. Ummm, hellooooo, is this not perfect for me? I love Thug Life brand, they’ve got a sassy saying for all occasions!
3. You knew it was coming. A dual control electric blanket. And that dual control is probably a saver of marriages.
4. Ahhhhhh, the warmth of a dark roast cup of Joe. It’s the reason I get up in the morning. No, seriously, without it I can’t make complete sentences.
5. No cold girl would be ready to face the day without her socks! If my feet get cold, it’s all over….
A GOOD READ
Design books are amazing source of inspiration. I love looking at the world through other people’s eyes and that is exactly what happens when I read design books. I enjoy learning what leads a designer through the design plan. Check out my favorites.
The New Bohemians by Justina Blakeney is a gypsy vibe and filled with goodness.
2. One of my absolute all-time favorite design books, Inspirations by Barry Dixon is loaded with beauty.
3. Interiors: The Allure of Style by Mary McDonald will not disappoint. Her over the top chic style will certainly inspire.
4. Windsor Smith: Homefront: Design for Modern Living The first book by the designer is a complete delight. Her eclectic mix of modern and vintage is beautiful.
5. Over the top and full on mix master, Live, Love Decorate by Martyn Lawrence Bullard shows how to take great design to the next level.
6. As you know, Kelly Wearstler is one of my favorite designers. Her use of color, texture and shape is like no other and HUE shows it well.
7. Hot of the presses is Modern Mix by Eddie Ross. Holy moly this book is awesome. Eddie can mix it up like nobody’s business.
8. Susanna Salk pulls some heavy hitters together in her Decorate Fearlessly book. Lots of tips from some fabulous designers. Eeeeeek! I’m on page 79/80!!!
9. Brand new by everyone’s favorite stylist, Emily Henderson, is Styled: Secrets for Arranging Rooms, From Tabletops to Bookshelves. It’s really a must for your book collection.
FOR MY DIY PROJECTS
Well I do love a good DIY project, that’s for sure. But the right tools and products are absolutely essential to a successful project.
Velvet Finishes. You know I wouldn’t paint with anything else. The velvety smooth finish just can’t be beat. 21 delicious colors.
2. The Velvet Finishes Enhance Dark Glaze paintbrush. I love our paintbrushes. The bristles load up great and smooth out amazingly. The Reviver comes in 5 sizes and can be used with all Velvet Finishes products.
3. The Velvet Finishes Enhance Dark Glaze has to be the easiest glaze to work with on the market. Brush it on and rub it off to leave gorgeous details. Easy.
4. IF you DIY, you have lots of little pieces. This 42 drawer storage box is perfect for organizing the little things of the DIY life.
6. Another must have for the DIYer. I use the Frog Tape Delicate Surface tape because it lets me work faster on my projects. I can tape my furniture pieces a few hours after a base coat. I can have decorative finishes in a matter of hours by using Delicate Surfaces. It’s the tape other tapes wish they were!
7. Not so great at hand-painting a pattern? No worries, you can roll it on! Artistic Painting Studio has rollers with great patterns for your projects. Jennifer has instructional videos but the rollers are super easy to use.
8. Overlays are the absolute bomb!! They allow you to make over the easiest way possible yet your projects will look like a million bucks. Overlays apply to wood and many other surfaces to enhance your furniture or whatever your DIY heart desires.
And the giveaways are….
Our friends at D. Lawless Hardware are generously giving away 2, yes 2, $40 gift certificates for their fabulous hardware. D. Lawless has such fantastic prices that $40 will get you a ton of fabulous hardware pieces for your next makeover.
Susanna Salk is giving away a personalized and signed copy of Decorate Fearlessly!!! Wow!
Crane and Canopy, a wonderful resource for bedding, pillows and blankets, is giving away this fabulous pug wine stopper!!!
My O’verlays is giving away 2 – that’s right, 2 – $50 gift certificates. Woot woot!!!
Artistic Painting Studio is giving away a crocodile pattern roller!!!
LexMod is giving away gorgeous acrylic lamp!!
Barry Dixon is giving away a signed and personalize copy of his amazing book Inspirations!!!
My dear friend Jenna from Rain on a Tin Roof is giving away a copy of her E-Book Standing Out!! A well written, easy to follow book on how to make money blogging.
Homeright is giving away a Finish Max sprayer!!!
Loom Decor, an incredible source for pillows, drapes, napkins – all things fabric – is giving away a gorgeous pillow!!!
And last but not least…
Velvet Finishes is giving away Ready, a quart of paint, (colour of your choice) and an Enhance Dark Glaze!!
How exciting is all of this you guys???
Enter below and Good Luck!!!!
Be sure to head on over to Effortless Style and visit Camila! I can’t wait to see her Favorite Things!!
Visit all 12 other bloggers, you will want to know their favorite things and enter their giveaway raffle as well!